On Premise Server vs Cloud
There’s always going to be more than one option to solve a problem in this new world of tech that continues to develop at an alarming rate. One of the biggest debates today for one’s ERP is whether or not they should go with cloud solutions or on-premise solutions. A quick explanation of the difference between the two is that on-premises solutions are, well… On the premise. It’s installed on the user’s computer. Cloud solutions, on the other hand, are accessed through the internet and hosted by a third-party vendor. Now before we break the two down further, just remember that there is no real right or wrong answer to which one is the best. Everything needs to be based on what is best for your company and your particular situation. There will be advantages and disadvantages to using cloud-based services and we’ll go into that now.
- Pro – Pay as you go can be a cheaper investment upfront without any additional hardware investments.
- Con – Possibility of spending more over the course of the system life cycle as cost packages fluctuate.
- Pro – The vendor takes care of the data security for you.
- Con – The vendor takes care of the data security for you. This doesn’t leave much peace of mind to some, so make sure you have a great vendor you can rely on.
- Pro – Updates are usually automatic and most vendors can tailor to an organization’s specifications.
- Con – Less customizable in general.
- Pro – Reduce the initial price of the system.
- Con – Pay for hardware and IT.
- Pro – Data security is in your hands.
- Con – Some companies may not be able to handle proper data security protocols. More possible costs for IT.
- Pro – More capability of customizing.
- Con – Implementation process can take a considerable amount of time.
And as always, make sure you do some research for yourself and come to your own conclusions as to what will work best for you.
Contact Us Today!
For more information on which, Premise Server vs Cloud, Contact Us Today!